The Mohegan Sun is the world's second-largest casino resort located on 185 acres along the Thames River in Uncasville, CT. Its top competitor is neighboring Foxwoods, which is located about 10 miles away.
Opened on October 12, 1996 by the Mohegan Tribe, a federally recognized Indian tribe, Mohegan Sun features the following:
- More than 300,000 square feet of casino gaming area with over 6,000 slot machines and 300 table games
- A 34-story, 1,200-room luxury hotel tower
- A 20,000 square-foot world-class spa by Elemis
- The Shops at Mohegan Sun, a 130,000 square-foot retail shopping experience
- 30 restaurants, food and beverage outlets
- Three entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena; a 300-seat Cabaret Theatre and 350-seat Wolf Den
- More than 100,000 square feet of meeting and function space, including the Northeast's largest ballroom
- 10,000 square-foot indoor pool
- A 17,500 square-foot outdoor sun terrace
- 3-story crystal mountain
- A 55-foot indoor waterfall
There is also a special Asian-themed area called Sunrise Square with Asian food and mini-baccarat and Pai Gow poker tables.
The Mohegan Sun also has its own WNBA basketball team, the Connecticut Sun, which plays in the resort's arena.
Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority operates Mohegan Sun casino and slot machines and harness racing in Plains Township and Pocono Downs, PA. Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs began offering table games in July 2010 and has 2,230 slot machines and 66 tables for blackjack, roulette, baccarat, craps and an 18-table poker room.
Net revenues for the MTGA in 2012 were $1.399 billion, a drop of nearly $19 million from the previous year, and net income of $63.2 million. The Mohegan Sun casino in Connecticut generated $1.08 billion in revenues in fiscal 2012, a slight drop from the previous year.
Mohegan Sun cut an unspecified number of jobs in 2013.
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, including domestic partner coverage
- Company-paid retirement savings plan
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions
- Competitive salary and compensation programs
- Training and career development programs,
Updated October 12, 2013
Average Mohegan Sun Table Games Dealer SalariesMohegan Sun Table Games Dealers earn $25k annually. This is $27k less than CareerBliss’ average Table Games Dealer Salary and $20k less than the average Mohegan Sun Employee.