Meetings & Information




*****************************
****************************************************
MUST READ:
GET THE FACTS!






Saturday, March 30, 2013

Please seek help for gambling addiction


Please seek help for gambling addiction

As I read Kate Meier’s column (“Soon, not my one and only, R&L, March 27), I found my tears ducts full and my heart strings unduly exercised.

Being a mother is God’s greatest gift. I remember holding my own in the middle of the night, wondering what I had done to deserve this. My daughter, now 43, holds her own boys while basking in the glory described by Kate.

Over a period of years, my life took some curves. Gambling, and all the offshoots that go along with it, overtook my life. I was compulsive gambling while overlooking any of the honors bestowed upon me as wife, mother, grandmother, friend, etc.

I found that one of my medications might be the culprit. Seeing my neurologist, I came off one of my medications. The pain of withdrawal was worth the benefits. The compulsive gambling side-effect has disappeared. However, damage was done.

Please, if you have a gambling issue, seek help. Don’t lose the important gifts you are given by being stupid. Forgiveness is hard to follow.

JUDY REED

Mooresville

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/statesville/opinion/article_91cdedb6-987a-11e2-9ecd-0019bb30f31a.html

No comments: