Meetings & Information




*****************************
****************************************************
MUST READ:
GET THE FACTS!






Thursday, June 30, 2011

Delilah: 'I'm facing homelessness'

Delilah: 'I'm facing homelessness'
By Rebecca Davies, Entertainment Reporter

Delilah has revealed that she is facing homelessness.

The Australian entertainer, who has worked with stars such as Frank Sinatra, Cher and Dean Martin, said that she lost most of her fortune to a gambling addiction and has also struggled financially since the death of her partner Ian Black last year.

Delilah told New Idea magazine: "I've definitely hit rock bottom and if it wasn't for the kindness of close friends helping me out in all sorts of ways, God knows how I'd have survived.

"I've always stood tall and been an extremely proud person, so when I first [needed] help with my bills, I was mortified. But... there are many in my shoes or worse, including other well-known showbiz people.

"I'm a firm believer in destiny and what's meant to be and the universe working things out for you, but right now it's a terrifying prospect to have nowhere to live, to be in limbo and to have very little money to make a move anyway."

No comments: