Meetings & Information




*****************************
****************************************************
MUST READ:
GET THE FACTS!






Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gambling Addiction

Jim Anderson and Anna Kay France Talk About Gambling

Some people at a small radio station in Buffalo, New York, are trying to help inform the public about issues concerning the expansion of legalized gambling, not only in Erie county, but across the Nation. Jim Anderson and Anna Kay France invited me to be a guest on their show, Conversations About Gambling. The show airs on Mondays from 12:30-1:00 (EST). I talked about my book, Confessions of a Slot Machine Queen, and also about what is happening here in Detroit, where I am spending the week promoting the book and visiting family.

I’m grateful for the way people in the black community who work with media-community based radio and community newspapers-are responding to my work. I believe it’s important for those of us who live and work in university environments to collaborate with people who are leaders in their communities on issues, such as gambling, that bring more harm than good. Otherwise, we render ourselves obsolete.

Sandra Adell, Author: CONFESSIONS OF A SLOT MACHINE QUEEN: A MEMOIR

No comments: